Tim Weed's album, "Light and Dark," features his original 5-string banjo compositions recorded with the 83-piece Prague Metropolitan Orchestra.
The work has been submitted for GRAMMY nomination in these
7 Grammy Award categories:
- American Roots Performance: Morro Glenn
- Arrangement, Instrumental or A Cappella: Morro Glenn
- Arrangement, Instrumental or A Cappella: Colloquium: Dark & Light
- Classical Instrumental Solo
- Contemporary Classical Composition
- Engineered Album, Classical
- Producer Of The Year, Classical
States Tim, "From the first time 'classical' music began emerging from my banjo, I had heard the parallel orchestral accompaniment in my head. Those imaginings became a reality when I had the opportunity to record my compositions with the 83-piece Prague Metropolitan Orchestra at SONOS Records in the Czech Republic!
My heartfelt thanks to all who have contributed to make this dream come true."